Tuesday 13 July 2010

Busy Fool (Davenports)

Busy Fool
Name: Busy Fool
Label: "Ales from the nation's heart - Tesco beer challenge winner"
Brewery: Highgate Brewery
ABV: 5.8%

Rating: You're no fool if you pick up a bottle of this. You're probably not busy either unless you think being sat down drinking beer qualifies as being busy.

Game: I love the Guitar Hero franchise.  It rocks and I rock when I play it. Guitar Hero 5 however is a mixed bag of shit, pop and rock. "Shit" is perhaps a bit harsh, its just trying to cater to lots of differing musical tastes and falls short. Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl had a problem with the digital representation of Kurt Cobain being available as unlockable content and who can then feature in any song in the game. At first I didn't see a problem with it, however having unlocked the late great Cobain I can't quite stomach the sight of him playing guitar for, and singing along to, the likes of Bush, Bon Jovi, Blink-182 (and lots of others whose names doesn't necessarily start with a "B").  Nirvana is my all time favourite band, so I only play as Cobain for the Nirvana tracks and use my mini-me avatar thing to play along to all the crap, it just seems better that way...

No comments: