Saturday 27 April 2013

Vintage Ale (Fuller's)

Vintage Ale (Fuller's)
Name: Vintage Ale
Label: "Limited Edition - Bottle conditioned - No. 50556"
Brewery: Fuller's
ABV: 8.5%

Rating: "The 2012 Vintage Ale, our 16th is brewed with three of this year's finest hop varieties including, Goldings, award winning Sovereign and Target hops. These combined with our unique yeast and organic barley grown by Sir James Fuller on the Neston Park Estate result in a wonderful limited edition brew that has a luxurious flavour. 

Individually packed and numbered, this bottle is one of only one hundred and twenty five thousand produced.

Probably the most extravagant beer related purchase I've made, (it comes in it's own box and everything), costing a whopping £4.99.  Just noticed on the box that it says it will improve with age for many more years like a fine wine or whiskey. I'm that confident it's going to be great, it appears on this site already and I've not even drank it yet!

Game: There's an Xbox event on May 21st when the new Xbox will be revealed. Yep, you read it here last, the new Xbox reveal! I for one can't wait to see what Microsoft have up their wizards sleeves. I've just seen some Battlefield 4 game-play footage which (I think) is next-gen and it looks amazing.  A new era is dawning and I've still not finished Dark Souls... and I'm currently too busy cursing difficulty spikes in Final Fantasy XIII to get back to it. To the Xbox 360 I go!

No comments: