Saturday 30 July 2016

Hens Tooth (Morland)

Hens Tooth (Morland)
Name: Hen's Tooth
Label: "Bottle conditioned strong ale"
Brewery: Morland
ABV: 6.5%

Tasting notes: "This fine ale matures in its bottle producing a richer and more distinct character. A warming blend of fruit and malt flavours are followed by a smooth finish."  I've been looking for this beer for years! It's been literally rarer than a hen's bollock (I think that's the phrase anyway). I even got to the stage where I thought I'd imagined drinking it once upon a time.

Game: Still on PS3 remasters for PS4. This time The Last of Us. Erm.. wow.. what a game! Even though it effectively still boils down to; move to an area, kill all baddies, move to the next area, rinse and repeat, the storytelling craftsmanship on show here is like nothing I've seen before in a video game - that means it's pretty good. And it looks ace because it's 1080p and you can tell. Plus there's a horsey bit in it.  My suspicions of PlayStation truly having the best exclusive games is borne out with this one. Go Naughty Dog!
Rating: 9 horses out of 10.

No comments: