Thursday 10 May 2012

Caesar Augustus (Williams Bros)

Caesar Augustus (Williams Bros)
Name: Caesar Augustus
Label: "Lager / IPA Hybrid - Microbrewed for maximum flavour!"
Brewery: Williams Bros Brewing
ABV: 4.1%

Rating: "We use the term lager/IPA hybrid because we cold ferment this beer with classic lager yeast.  The initial fermentation takes at least 2 weeks, after which we lager (store) the beer at zero degrees for a minimum of 4 weeks, during which period we add a chock load of classic IPA style hops and allow the two to marry - fanfare!" After drinking all these different ales over the years I've begun to think I might know a thing or two about beer, but I didn't even realise the word lager meant "to store" *hangs head in shame*. This hybrid lager/IPA is fantastic though and it's cheered me up a treat.

Game: I have Crysis 2 sat on the shelf looking longingly at my Xbox, but I'm not going to play it because I'm in an RPG mood! So avert your eyes Crysis 2, tonight I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Wasn't sure whether to get this but IGN gave it a whopping 9.0/10. They gave Witcher 2 8.5/10 so I arrived at the crazed conclusion that Reckoning must be in some way marginally superior. And as I've played Witcher 2 constantly for the past fortnight and loved every minute of it, a Reckoning purchase can only end well surely...

No comments: