Sunday 26 August 2012

Tavern Porter (Thwaites)

Tavern Porter (Thwaites)
Name: Tavern Porter
Label: "Thoroughly rejuvenating ale - full-flavoured and smooth with a warm roasted character"
Brewery: Thwaites
ABV: 4.7%

Rating: "A taste of the past, inspired by a time when the elite would gather in Elizabethan taverns, to sample the finest ales, porters and wines. Introducing Thwaites Tavern Porter, surprisingly refreshing for a full-flavoured, dark porter with subtle notes of smokiness and liquorice." I'm not part of the elite but I do enjoy a good taste of the past. I can report that on this evidence the past tastes/tasted ace!

Game: The start of the hectic gaming season begins now with Darksiders 2. So far so brilliant. It's like Darksiders 1 but massively bigger. And that's all I'll say on the matter at the moment because I'm too busy playing Darksiders 2!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

(elderly sits patiently in the press area anxiously waiting for a Darksiders 2 quote....a press area with draught beer)

Take your time Bickle!!!
no rush.. hic!

:)

GamingAles said...

(Bickle sits frantically button-mashing)

Dammit Death! Why will you not do the Scythes - Crossover Special: Buzz Saw move?? I'm sure I'm pressing all the right buttons!!

(Bickle looks up, spots Mr. Elderly swaying slightly)

Sorry! Were you waiting for me? Er, I'm trying to memorise some combos... and combo memorisation isn't my strong point... so I may be some time... Feel free to grab yourself another pint though, it's a free bar I'm told!

Unknown said...

:p chank you dear Bittle... ish sheptionally pleeshant here :)

hic!

Pardon