Saturday 10 November 2012

County Carlow Irish Stout (Carlow Brewing)

County Carlow Irish Stout (Carlow Brewing)
Name: County Carlow Irish Stout
Label: "Based on an authentic recipe first introduced around 1740 - The town of Carlow is noted for the Brownshill Dolmen, a megalithic portal tomb, that weighs an estimated 100 tons and is said to be the heaviest in Europe. The tomb has never been excavated."
Brewery: Carlow Brewing Company
ABV: 4.5%

Rating: "Dark, roasted, bittersweet with an intense coffee & chocolate finish.A unique blend of roasted malts and bitter hops ensures a deliciously balanced and smooth flavour."

Game: Oh no! I just pre-ordered Hitman: Absolution! All this recent game-purchasing is getting ridiculous. I blame Eurogamer (for some reason I've yet to think of). Mitigating circumstances: it was only £19.99 from The Hut when you buy a hoody. And hoodies are my favourite type of clothing after ushankas.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

(dressed as Indiana Jones, elderly pops in on his way to the Carlow Tomb Raiding adventure..)

You'd imagine I could pick that up over here for a song, but oh no, they never even heard of it... damned publicans..

Right one for the road... :)

GamingAles said...

INDIANA JONES!! Why didn't I think of that!?!?!

(...quickly changes out of embarrassing Lara Croft outfit...)

I need a drink!

Unknown said...

:( shame you had to change I kinda miss the pigtail...

... just saying.

GamingAles said...

Yeah, unfortunately I kept getting it trapped in lifts and doors and stuff, so it really had to go.

Right, I'm off to skin some animals, get mud on my face and cry a bit, like in the new tomb raider game.