Saturday, 10 November 2012

County Carlow Irish Stout (Carlow Brewing)

County Carlow Irish Stout (Carlow Brewing)
Name: County Carlow Irish Stout
Label: "Based on an authentic recipe first introduced around 1740 - The town of Carlow is noted for the Brownshill Dolmen, a megalithic portal tomb, that weighs an estimated 100 tons and is said to be the heaviest in Europe. The tomb has never been excavated."
Brewery: Carlow Brewing Company
ABV: 4.5%

Rating: "Dark, roasted, bittersweet with an intense coffee & chocolate finish.A unique blend of roasted malts and bitter hops ensures a deliciously balanced and smooth flavour."

Game: Oh no! I just pre-ordered Hitman: Absolution! All this recent game-purchasing is getting ridiculous. I blame Eurogamer (for some reason I've yet to think of). Mitigating circumstances: it was only £19.99 from The Hut when you buy a hoody. And hoodies are my favourite type of clothing after ushankas.


Elderly Gamer said...

(dressed as Indiana Jones, elderly pops in on his way to the Carlow Tomb Raiding adventure..)

You'd imagine I could pick that up over here for a song, but oh no, they never even heard of it... damned publicans..

Right one for the road... :)

Bickle77 said...

INDIANA JONES!! Why didn't I think of that!?!?!

(...quickly changes out of embarrassing Lara Croft outfit...)

I need a drink!

Elderly Gamer said...

:( shame you had to change I kinda miss the pigtail...

... just saying.

Bickle77 said...

Yeah, unfortunately I kept getting it trapped in lifts and doors and stuff, so it really had to go.

Right, I'm off to skin some animals, get mud on my face and cry a bit, like in the new tomb raider game.